Friday, September 27, 2013

Tango Foxtrot.

First let me start off by saying I have no criticism of designers in the SL community.   If I find items that are not my personal style, it is simply my prerogative to not purchase them.  It is not a reflection of their ability to design, it is just a matter of whether I could see myself putting my avatar in it.

So you should know this blog is angled more as an explanation of Lola Tangos to avatars like me who have no fucking clue what they are or how to clothe them, only that there have been instances of teleporting somewhere and being AWED by how enormous someone's boobs were in that venue.   Or seeing someone's avatar rez in before their breasts did and wait for the two gray blobs on their chest to get some color after a few minutes.  These mesh breasts confuse people like me who have no experience outside encounters like that, so my intention is to be forthcoming and detailed.

Designers design clothes of certain styles for a reason: People buy them.   The Lola Tango community is one I've been experimenting with for the past week by first contacting a dear friend of mine (this ward of the state knows who she is) who is deeply involved with making clothes for Lolas and Tangos and loves her boobies.


The conversation went roughly as follows: 


Me: "So I want boobies."

Her: "TO CLEAVAGE!"
Me: "I have cleavage, I want boobies."
Her: "It's the sim, dumbass." 

Next, based on the information given to me (ie: Lolas are older, Tangos are newer), I decided to get a pair of Tangos.  I didn't take a long look around the sim we were on, but I did return to examine some of the styles available for Tango breasts and I'll talk about those later. 


The first thing that worried me about my new mesh breasts was sizing.  Were they going to fit MY lifestyle?  In a world where you can accidentally attach a fucking house to yourself, 'attaching' wasn't an issue; but I did not want GIANT breasts that are well in the E, F, G, H, I, J and the rest of the god damn alphabet cup range that would require two titanium backup spines to hold up.  In RL I wear a size 32DD to a 36DD (depending on bra maker).   This isn't a unique size, and yet it is not one I've been able to mimic in SL without looking... well, lame.  Tangos offered me the possibility of adding a more sincere element to my avatar that mirrors one detail about myself that SL just couldn't do properly without making me look foolish. 


Now after explaining this to my friend while I was buck naked, she told me to put them on.  I did, and they were bright red.  Not 'aw how rosy her bubblies are', I mean sunburnt.  The nipples were enormous, and had what appeared to be nipple rings the size of bracelets hanging out of them.  


Needless to say, I was concerned.   


But!   The creator of my skin has tango appliers (much like Slink appliers) and with my sunburnt tits hanging out; I ran to her mainstore (thankfully in the middle of the night) and grabbed an applier for my new Tangos. 


With the click of a button, they were now my skintone.   But they were still spine-snapping huge, ringed, and the nipples looked like they might jab someone's eye out faster than a Red Ryder carbine-action two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that measures time.    My friend told me not to worry and just open the menu.   


One click, nipple rings gone. 

Another click, giant nipples replaced with petite pink ones.
And a third click, SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZE.

Watching them shrink was a breath of fresh air.  It isn't tricky to adjust them to sit at the right height, but you want a smooth sweep between your chest and your breast.  It helps if you think of your Tangos as a new bra.   No sideboob, no pinching.  


Now the fun part: shopping for clothes.   Now shopping for shirts was by far the biggest challenge to date.   The first dozen stores or so that I visited that had tango appliers were... not my cup of tea.  So I resorted to Marketplace.  


There is a nice lady by the name of Evangelis (that's mizevangeline resident to anyone searching for her in Marketplace) that owns ~By Eve~, and she helped a great deal when I finally found plain ol' tee shirts and hoodies that I wanted to wear.  I recommend her highly, she went out of her way to help me use an applier for the first time and has excellent customer service. 


The second store I recommend is Malfean Visions, and this is because the wide range of corsets and dresses they have usually have Tango appliers, and if they don't, the owner Lokii Violet will likely make one for the item if you let her know you need one (and you are polite.  ALWAYS BE POLITE).   Lokii explained how to make the bustline on shirts line up on the Tangos, and this is crucial information for those of you just purchasing a pair of Tangos so listen up.


1. Right click on your breasts.

2. Open edit.
3. At the top of your edit window, click 'select face'.
4. Click your Tangos again.  Make sure only the SURFACE layer is selected  (this means not the nipple).
5. Click the 'Texture' tab.
6. Adjust 'repeats per face' up or down.  I recommend horizontal, and adjust this SLOWLY. 

Bustline should line up after that.  And here's a couple things you'll find at the store with tango appliers available: 


































Next I visited a store called ! ellemeno ! and found clothing that fits around your existing Tangos (like open sweaters) and some adorable dresses in styles that the nerdy alternative girl in me couldn't pass up.  I grabbed an open sweater and was happy to find that it fit on my tee shirt from ~By Eve~.  Insert squee here. 































The final store I recommend is Capacious, because the creator Amanda has a real love of boobs, a love of her customers, and combines these two things by putting them in items that look great on their Tangos.  Nothing too fantasy-oriented, just cute dresses and tee shirts that you'll adore. 


But of course I have to show this awesome gacha in the store, with the cutest freakin' nerdy dresses ever.  Trust me, you'll want to see their regular dresses and tees too.