Saturday, September 14, 2013

September 14, 2013: The Neighborhood dropped off my furniture!

I'm just joshin' you.   It is the week of bookshelves and I'm not complaining; did I mention I adore reading?   Between my idiosyncratic desire to obtain more houses than I can feasibly use in SL and the need to fill said houses with bookshelves; I can keep myself entertained.

Remember that the Neighborhood runs from 12:01am to 11:59pm (yes, this is a habit) every Saturday with items marked down from their usual price (whatever that might be) to only 200L for ONE DAY ONLY, and these are just a taste of the things I found fun so far.   This week, the stores included are: Trompe Loeil, Floorplan, Kuro, R(S)W, DIGS, Eleventh Hour, Pixel Mode, and junk. 

From Eleventh Hour, a Streamline bookshelf that sits on a pipe!   Excellent shadows, and the light bulbs do in fact function!  
...as in they turn on and off.  
...I don't want to know what it is you do with light bulbs in private. These are for illumination.






'
I don't know if I'm the last to know about Junk, but I rather enjoy their style.  Wandering around the store I found a dozen pieces I'd like to add to my home, but for the Neighborhood they contributed an alphabet chest and a pair of apple bookends.  For the returning student, of course!























From Pixel Mode this week, we have 'Thought Bubble Bookshelf'.  I don't know about you but I get a kick out of inspecting the titles on books in SL, and if you're the same way; this bookshelf will not disappoint.  One title: "Cooking for Avatars".   Why?   Why not!